Wednesday, August 25, 2010

09 February: I'm finally drying up -- sort of. (Jen)

I'm finally not having much discharge at all (Ben offered to post an explanation of discharge, so I'll let him do that), but I'm sweating all the time. Really. Multiple times each night I wake up to find myself covered in sweat. Most of the day I feel hot, and I start sweating if I "go for a walk" for more than about 6 minutes. Pathetic. I often feel like there's not enough air in the room, too. Humidity at all can make me feel ill, which makes the idea of a warm bath a lot less relaxing and romantic -- I'd rather stand on the balcony in my only nightgown that still fits. Oh, and have I mentioned the drooling? For some reason pregnant women develop excess saliva -- I have! -- and it tends to just drip out whenever it has a chance to escape my mouth. It's a very cool feeling to look down and notice that while you were pontificating to your husband, you must have also been drroling all over your chest and lap. Yah. Very cool. But the second trimester is supposed to be much better... Oh, exciting new vocab word: fundus, meaning the top of the uterus, or the hollow part farthest away from the organ's opening. Try to use that word three times in regular conversation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment