Wednesday, August 25, 2010

19 August: Birth Planning. (Jen)


First of all, let me note that it seems like a lot of my friends are pregnant now -- like they planned it this way. I have 3 friends trying to get pregnant (and I still sometimes wish I could put my belly on them and be free of all of this responsibility and weight -- especially because it can be such an emotional and difficult time for them). The following friends of mine are currently preggers: Jen McAlister; Elisa Leahy (she had no idea she was until a few days ago, when she found out that had already completed the first trimester!); J (this one is still a secret); Megan Jenkins; Katie Sampson; Paula Headley; Jamie Headley; Sarah Schmidt-Lee; Haley Storey; and probably more who I can't remember at this moment. These friends have newborns: Sarah Gackle; Elizabeth Sartor; Paisely Forrester; Joy Hemmes; Jen Cairns; Magali Lerasle Girard; Carrie Robinson; Jessica Stearns; and probably more...  :)

Now, for our birth plan. We had our "birth planning" appointment with the midwives today, and I have to say that it was much less momentous feeling than I'd anticipated. Other than deciding on the following, the rest of the decisions can and will be made in hospital -- depending on how things are going: will we use active management for delivery of the placenta? use anit-biotics on her eyes? use vitamin K to help prevent damage from internal bleeding in her? That's all... We have our pre-natal class tomorrow -- it's a 6-hour class in our home with just Ben, me, (Sophia,) and the instructor. That should make it all feel real. Oh, and Ben set up the crib on Friday -- it took over our bedroom completely -- just like she'll do with the rest of our lives, I'm sure. Oh, and we need to start trying to find a pediatrician for her. She'll need tet her vaccinations 8 weeks after she's born.

Here's a photo update on my belly:

      

No comments:

Post a Comment